There is a Head & a Tail while going on a tour. They are the flag bearer and end supports respectively. The head rider always leads the fleet and no one is allowed to overtake him. The tail rider makes sure that he is the last in the fleet and ensures no one is left behind him. The arrangement is similar to the train driver in the engine & the guard in the last coach of the train. Both the head & tail are experienced riders.
Remember we are touring and not racing. Ride in harmony, ride together, one behind the other. Some unsaid and understood protocols are to be followed.
Sometimes, the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes.
Registration of all participating members is necessary.
Prior to start of the tour one must always check for the following things:
- Fuel level
- Drivers' license
- Papers of the bike
- The brakes, mirrors, head & tail lights are functioning properly
- Wear a helmet
- Also it is mandatory for the pillion rider to wear a helmet
- Wear a jacket, knee guard, gloves
- First aid kit in the bike intact
- Carry a bungee cord to fasten you bags and luggage to the bike
- Carry chewing gums, mint and water bottle